OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES & REGULATIONS:
No purchase necessary to enter or win. The no purchase method of entry (including the social media related entries) will produce a ballot with an equal chance to win as a qualifying purchase ballot.
By entering the Contest, entrants agree to abide by these Official Contest Rules & Regulations and the decisions of the sponsor, Chicago Title Insurance Company Canada (the “Sponsor” or “CTIC”), and the judging organization, which are final.
- CONTEST PERIOD
The Contest runs from April 15, 2021, at 12:01 am (EDT) to May 31, 2021, at 4:59 pm (EDT) (the “Contest Period”).
The Contest is open to legal residents of Canada (except Quebec) who are registered with CTIC to order residential and/or commercial title insurance policies and who have reached the age of majority in their province of residence by April 20, 2021. The Contest is not open to officers, directors, representatives, and employees of the Sponsor, or of its parent and affiliated companies, or of their respective advertising, promotional, publicity, production or judging agencies, or the immediate family members of any such persons (defined as parents, siblings, children and spouses, regardless of where they reside) or other persons domiciled with any such persons. The Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of each potential prize winner.
- HOW TO ENTER
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. No Purchase Method of Entry: To enter the Contest without making a qualifying purchase,
1. Entrants must first fill in the contest registration form (once during the Contest Period) with all the questions completed,
2. Entrants must submit a unique, original, legible, handwritten 50-100 word essay (in English or French) describing how the online title insurance ordering platform - CTICExpress has enhanced your purchase experience with CTIC to: “Spring Contest 2021”, Chicago Title Insurance Company Canada, 100 - 55 Superior Boulevard, Mississauga, Ontario, L5T 2X9, during the Contest Period. Entrants must include their full name, home address, email address and telephone number with their essay. Mail entries must bear sufficient postage. Each original essay will earn one (1) ballot for the Contest. To be eligible, mail entries must be postmarked by 4:59 pm (EDT), on May 31, 2021, and must be received prior to 9:00 am (EDT) on the Draw Date (as defined below). Mechanical reproductions will not be accepted.
Qualifying Purchase Method of Entry: To enter the Contest through a qualifying purchase,
1. Entrants must be registered with CTIC to order residential and/or commercial title insurance policies and entrants must fill in the contest registration form (once during the Contest Period) with all the questions completed,
2. Entrants must submit a title insurance order to CTIC through any of the following ordering platforms:
(i) CTIC’s proprietary online ordering platform – CTICExpress, which can be accessed through our website: www.ctic.ca.;
(iii) Lawyer Done Deal (LDD);
(v) Order Forms;
(vi) Phone orders;
(ix) The Convenyancer; or
3. One ballot will be issued for each order placed during the Contest Period, provided the entrant has submitted the registration form and made qualifying purchases. If a title insurance order is cancelled at any time during the Contest Period, that order will not be eligible for a ballot. In order to be a qualifying purchase, the title insurance order must be approved by CTIC and the policy documents have to be issued before the end of the Contest Period.
Additional Method of Entry: All entrants who have completed the contest registration form (once during the Contest Period with all questions completed) can also receive ballots if they are following CTIC's social media pages on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and/or Twitter as indicated by the entrant on the contest registration form. Entrants will receive one ballot for each such CTIC social media page.
- THE PRIZES
There are seventeen (17) prizes available to be won:
- A (1) gift card or gift certificate with a value of $1,000 CDN
- Two (2) gift cards or gift certificates with a value of $ 500 CDN
- Four (4) gift cards or gift certificates with a value of $ 250 CDN
- Ten (10) gift cards or gift certificates with a value of $ 25 CDN
Each entrant may only win one prize. The prizes are not transferable (prior to being awarded to the winner) and are not redeemable for cash. The winner will have the opportunity to select the gift card or gift certificate of their choice, provided that such gift card or gift certificate must be available in Canada and must be issued in Canadian dollars. The winner must provide the Sponsor with their top three choices or otherwise, the Sponsor may select a gift card or gift certificate at its sole discretion. The Sponsor will try in good faith to secure a gift card or gift certificate for the winner’s first choice. If such a gift card or gift certificate is not available, the Sponsor will try in good faith to secure a gift card or gift certificate for the winner’s second choice. If such a gift card or gift certificate is not available, the Sponsor will try in good faith to secure a gift card or gift certificate for the winner’s third choice. If the Sponsor is unable to secure a gift card or gift certificate for any of the winner’s top three choices, the Sponsor may select a gift card or gift certificate at its sole discretion.
- CONTEST DRAW
Random draws will be conducted at 10:00 a.m. (EDT) on June 11 2021 (the “Draw Date”) from all ballots issued during the Contest.
Prizes are allocated based on the order in which the ballots are drawn, with the 1st prize being allocated for the first ballot drawn and so forth. Once an entrant has a ballot drawn, any remaining ballots for that entrant will remain in the draw but will not be eligible for any further prizes if drawn. Ballots will continue to be drawn until all prizes are awarded.
The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
A representative of the Sponsor will attempt to contact each selected entrant by email or telephone on the Draw Date. The prize must be confirmed with the selected entrant within 48 hours of the first attempt to contact the selected entrant. In order to win, the selected entrant must first correctly answer without any electronic, mechanical or other assistance a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by telephone. If the selected entrant cannot be reached within the 48-hour period, or if for any other reason the prize cannot be awarded, another ballot may be randomly selected and an alternate entrant selected in the Sponsor’s sole discretion until the prize has been awarded.
The selected entrant will be required to sign and return a standard declaration and release form confirming compliance with the Official Contest Rules & Regulations and acceptance of the prize as awarded, within three (3) days after such documentation is sent to the selected entrant. Failure of a selected entrant to complete, sign and return any requested documents within such period may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate entrant in the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
The selected entrant(s) is not a winner until their entry is validated by the Sponsor. The prize will be delivered to the confirmed winner.
By entering the Contest, each entrant permits the Sponsor, and its agents and/or representatives, to collect the information submitted with the entry and the contest registration form and to use such information to administer the Contest.
The contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, municipal and local laws, and is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
The Sponsor and those working on its behalf will not be responsible for entries that are lost, delayed, damaged or misdirected. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any failure of any website during the Contest Period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any entry to be received by the Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, or for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer.
All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrant(s) who will be notified by email and/or telephone.
By accepting a prize, each winner accepts all the conditions, restrictions and requirements required by the Sponsor in connection with the prizes and also agrees to accept delivery of the prize based on availability and in the manner determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion.
By accepting a prize, each winner consents to the use of his or her name and/or photograph and/or voice recording in any publicity carried out by the Sponsor in connection with this and/or similar promotions, without compensation, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
By accepting a prize, each winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent and affiliated companies, its directors, officers, employees, agents, successors and assigns, from any damage, injury, death, loss or other liability that may arise from winner’s participation in the Contest or the awarding, acceptance, use or misuse of any prize.
The Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw, terminate or revise the Contest at any time without prior notice.